Publications by CSEM Members and Students during 2001 FY:
1. "Direct Measurement of density-of-states effective mass and scattering parameter in transparent conducting oxides using second-order transport phenomena", D.L. Young, T.J. Coutts, V.I. Kaydanov, A.S. Gilmore, W.P. Mulligan, J. Vac Sci. Technol. A 18
2. "Characterization of Transparent Conducting Oxides," T. J. Coutts, D.L. Young, X. Li, MRS Bulletin, 25 (2000) 58-65.
3. "Properties of CdO Thin Films Produced by Chemical Vapor Deposition", X. Li, D.L. Young, H. Moutinho, Y. Yan, C. Narayanswamy, T.A. Gessert, T.J. Coutts, Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 4 (2001) C43-C46.
4. "Photoluminescence of Cu-doped CdTe and Related Stability Issues in CdS/CdTe Solar Cells," D. Grecu, A.D. Compaan, D. Young, U. Jayamaha and D.H. Rose, J. Appl. Phys. 88 (2000) 2490-96.
5. "Structural, Optical and Electron Transport Qualities of Zinc Stannate Thin Films", D.L. Young, T.J. Coutts, D.L. Williamson, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (2001-in press).
6. "Mobility in SnO2:F Thin Polycrystalline Films", A.S Gilmore, A. Al-Kaoud, V. Kaydanov, T.R. Ohno, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (2001-in press).
7. "Impedance Spectroscopy and Hall Measurements on CdTe Thin Polycrystalline Films," A.S. Gilmore, V. Kaydanov, T.R. Ohno, D. Grecu and D. Rose, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (2001-in press).
8. "The Influence of Stressing at Different Biases on the Electrical and optical Properties of CdS/CdTe Solar Cells," S.W. Townsend, T.R. Ohno, V. Kaydanov, A.S. Gilmore, and J.D. Beach, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (2001-in press).
9. "Microscopic Characterization of Polycrystalline APCVD CdTe Thin Film PV Devices," T.R. Ohno, E. Sutter, J. Kestner, A.S. Gilmore, V. Kaydanov, C.A. Wolden, P.V. Meyers, L.Woods, M.J. Romero, M.M. Al-Jassim, and S. Johnston, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (2001-in press).
10. "A New Interdisciplinary Silicon Processing Laboratory," Colin A. Wolden and Reuben T. Collins, Proceedings of the AIChE Topical Conference on Chemical Engineering in the New Millennium, (2000-in press).
11. "A Numerical and Experimental Investigation of the Influence of Mass Transfer on HF/H2O Vapor-Phase Etching of Silicon Dioxide," J. Zhou and C. A. Wolden, J. Electrochem. Soc., 147 (2000) 4142-47.
12. "The influence of pressure, fluid flow, and chemistry on the combustion-based oxidation of silicon," R. J. Kee, W.-H. Yang, L. L. Raja, and C. A. Wolden, Twenty-Eighth Symposium (International) on Combustion, 28 (2000) 1381-88.
13. "Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition of CdTe Films – First PV Devices," James M. Kestner, Colin A. Wolden, Peter V. Meyers, Laxminarayan Raja, and Robert J. Kee, Proceedings of the Twenty-sixth IEEE Photovoltaics Specialists Conference, (2000-in press).
14. "Development of Optical Diagnostics for Real Time Control of Tin Oxide PECVD," Weican Xiao, Joshua Robbins, Colin A. Wolden, and Tyrone Vincent, Proceedings of the 2000 NSF Design and Manufacturing Research Conference (Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 2001) CD-ROM.
15. "Evaluating the Contributions of Both Catalytic and Thermal Chemistry in Hot-Wire Chemical Vapor Deposition," Jie Zhou, Amanda Overmeyer, and Colin A. Wolden, Proc. Electrochem. Soc. (2001-in press).
16. "An X-ray Diffraction Investigation of Tin Oxide Deposition and Annealing," Joshua J. Robbins, Yen-Jung Huang, Mailasu Bai, Tyrone Vincent, and Colin A. Wolden, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., (2001-in press).
17. "Characterization of Grain Boundaries and Their Role in Polycrystalline APCVD CdTe Thin Film PV Devices," Peter Meyers, Lawrence Woods, James Kestner, Colin Wolden, Laxminararayan Raja, Robert Kee, Viktor Kadanov, Tim Ohno, Eli Mateeva, Rick Matson, Brian Keyes, Steve Johnston, and Alan Fahrenbruch, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., (2001-in press).
18. "Integral Equations Applied to Wave Propogation: Modeling the Tip of a Near-field Scanning Optical Microscope," C. M. Kelso, P. D. Flammer, J. A. DeSanto, R. T. Collins, J. Opt. Soc. of Am. A (in press).
19. "Direct Patterning of Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon by Near Field Scanning Optical Microscopy", R. E. Hollingsworth, W. C. Bradford, M. K. Herndon, J. D. Beach and R. T. Collins, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 624 (2000).
20. "Adsorption, Diffusion and Nucleation of Adatoms," P. Sutter, E. Mateeva, and M.G. Lagally, in EMIS Datareview Series: Properties of Strained and Relaxed Silicon-Germanium, ed. E. Kasper (INSPEC IEE, London, 2000) p. 280.
21. "Spontaneous Self-Embedding of Three-Dimensional SiGe Islands," E. Mateeva, P. Sutter, and M.G. Lagally, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 571 (2000) 313.
22. "Nucleation-Less Islanding in Low-Misfit Heteroepitaxy," P. Sutter and M.G. Lagally, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84 (2000) 4637.
23. "Oblique Stacking of Three-Dimensional Ge Islands in Ge/Si Multilayers," P. Sutter, E. Mateeva-Sutter, and L. Vescan, Appl. Phys. Lett. 78 (2001) 1736.
24. "Microbead Utilization in Microfluidic Devices," J. Oakey and David W.M. Marr, ACS conference on Colloid and Surface Science, Pittsburgh, PA, June 9-13, 2001 (in press).
25. "Computational Algorithm for Dynamic Optimization of Chemical Vapor Processes in Stagnation Flow Reactors," L.L. Raja, R.J. Kee, Rr Serban, and I.R. Petzold, J. Electrochem. Soc. 147 (2000) 2718-2726.
26. "Small-Angle Neutron Scattering Studies of a-Si:H and a-Si:D," D.L. Williamson, D.W.M. Marr, B.P. Nelson, E. Iwaniczko, J. Yang, B. Yan, and S. Guha, Program and Proceedings: NVPV Program Review Meeting 2000, BK-520-28064 (U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge, 2000) p. 221.
27. "Nanostructure of a-Si:H and Related Alloys by Small-Angle Scattering of Neutrons and X-rays," D.L. Williamson, NREL/SR-520-29121 (National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, 2000) 35 pp.
28. "Electronic States of Intrinsic Layers in n-i-p Solar Cells Near Amorphous to Microcrystalline Transition Studied by Photoluminescence Spectroscopy," G. Yue, D. Han, D.L. Williamson, J. Yang, K. Lord, and S. Guha, Appl. Phys. Lett. 77 (2000) 3185.
29. "Small-Angle Neutron Scattering from Device-Quality a-Si:H and a-Si:D Prepared by PECVD and HWCVD," D.L. Williamson, D.W.M. Marr, B.P. Nelson, E. Iwaniczko, J. Yang, B. Yan, and S. Guha, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 609 (2001) A16.2.
30. "Comparison of Structural Properties and Solar Cell Performance of a-Si:H Films Prepared at Various Deposition Rates Using 13.56 and 70 MHz PECVD Methods," S.J. Jones, D.L. Williamson, T. Liu, X. Deng, and M. Izu, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 609 (2001) A7.4.
31. “Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon Grown by Hot-Wire CVD at Deposition Rates up to 1 μm/minute,” B.P. Nelson, Y. Xu, A.H. Mahan, D.L. Williamson, and R.S. Crandall, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 609 (2001) A22.8.
32. "Preparation of Microcrystalline Silicon Based Solar Cells at High i-layer Deposition Rates Using a Gas Jet Technique," S.J. Jones, R. Crucet, X. Deng, D.L. Williamson, and M. Izu, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 609 (2001) A4.5.
33. "Quantitative ASAXS of Germanium Inhomogeneities in Amorphous Silicon-Germanium Alloys," G. Goerigk and D.L. Williamson, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 281 (2001) 181.
34. "The Deposition and Characterization of Mo/CuInGaSe2/CdS/ZnO Solar Cells," H.A. Al-Thani, F.S. Hasoon, J.L. Alleman, M.M. Al-Jassim, and D.L. Williamson, Sharja Solar Energy Conf. (2001 - in press).
35. "Microstructural Properties of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 Thin Films Used in High-Efficiency Devices," F.S. Hasoon, Y. Yan, K.M. Jones, H. Althani, J. Alleman, M.M. Al-Jassim, and R. Noufi, Proc. 28th IEEE PVSC, Anchorage, Alaska, Sept. 2000 (in press).
36. "Cu(In,Ga)Se2 Thin-Film Evolution During Growth from (In,Ga)2Se3 Precursors," J. AbuShama, R. Noufi, Y. Yan, K. Jones, B. Keyes, P. Dippo, M. Romero, M. Al-Jassim, J. Alleman, and D.L. Williamson, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 664 (2001 – in press).
37. "A TEM Study of the Microstructure Evolution of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 Films from Cu-Rich to In-Rich," Y. Yan, K.M. Jones, J. AbuShama, M.M. Al-Jassim, and R. Noufi, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 668 (2001 – in press).
38. "A Parallel Detecting, Spectroscopic Ellipsometer for Intelligent Process Control of Continuously Deposited CIGS Films," L.J. Simpson, B.S. Joshi, L.A. Gonzalez, J. Verley, and T.E. Furtak, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 616 (2000) 9.
39. "Mechanically Induced Anisotropy in Self-Assembled Organic Monolayers Revealed by Sum-Frequency Generation," T.E. Furtak and B.C. Chow, March Meeting of the American Physical Society (2001) [abstract only].
40. "Growth Mechanism of Octadecylsiloxane Self-Assembled Monolayers Studied with Sum-Frequency Generation," B.C. Chow and T.E. Furtak, March Meeting of the American Physical Society (2001) [abstract only].